Add a Consumable (one at a time)
This knowledge base article is about adding a welding consumable to a project one at a time. For adding more than one welding consumable at a time, please read the article: Import Consumables List
Add a welding consumable
Pick a filler metal
Click on the "+" button in the Materials List page and enter these data:
- Batch Number: The batch number of the welding consumable; The batch number and diameter combination must be unique. Special characters other than “-“ or space or “/” or “\” are not allowed; Maximum n characters permitted;
- F Number or Pick a filler metal: Enter the F number or pick a filler metal from the list. The screenshot above on the right shows the filters and how to select a filler metal;
- Manufacturer: Name of the manufacturer or supplier (optional field);
- Diameter & Length: Enter the values (both are optional fields);
- Upload Certificate: Upload the batch certificate - only PDF files may be uploaded;
- Comments: Some general comments about this consumable. Maximum n characters permitted;
Status: All consumables added to a project will have the "active" status, which means that the welding consumable will be available for use in that project. So, the "status" field is not shown in this form. If you cannot use a welding consumable or if no stock is available, the consumable should be edited and the status should be changed to "inactive";
The project data book will have the consumables ordered and grouped alphabetically and then by size
Add Drawing (one at a time)
Topics covered You can learn how to add one drawing at a time to a project from this knowledge base article Add a drawing Drawing Number The drawing number together with the revision/version number will be considered as unique. If the number of a ...
Add a tag (one at a time)
Topics covered You can learn how to add one tag at a time to a project from this knowledge base article Tag Number The tag number must be unique. Mandatory field; Number of characters permitted: Minimum: 2; Maximum: 50; The only special characters ...
Add a Material (one at a time)
This knowledge base article is about adding a material to a project one at a time. For adding more than one material at a time, please read the article: Import Materials List Add material page Select the base metal Click on the "+" button in the ...
Topics covered This knowledge base article is about adding welds or weld joints to a project. Welds may be created through any one of the following four methods: Single entry form style interface to add one weld at a time; Spreadsheet style interface ...
Projects or Jobs
A project is a set of welds defined by a job or an order. A project can have anywhere from one weld to thousands of welds. WeldTrace uses the term project and in small fabrication settings, the term job would be equivalent to a project. Projects list ...