Create a preliminary WPS - step 4
Joint design diagram and layer sequence diagram
Click on the "Select Joint Design Diagram" field to open this pop up window.
Select or upload a joint design diagram
- Click on an image. You may scroll down for more. These are listed in alphabetical order;
- After you click on an image, this button will show up. Click "Use" to use this image;
- If you want to use a different diagram, click here and upload a file from your computer. You can trim and resize the image once you upload it;
The procedure for selection of the layer sequence diagram is exactly the same as for selecting the joint design diagram.
Selection of base metals
- Select the alloy for material 1;
- Select the product form;
- If the second material would be different from the first, select "yes" as shown here and you will be able to pick a different base metal for material 2;
- Here you can select the alloy, product form, base metal and the pipe dimension for material 2;
- Click on this button to select or if already selected, to change the base metal (see next section);
- The selected base metal and its properties will be displayed here;
- Select or change the pipe dimension (this button will appear only if pipe or tube is selected as product form) via this button;
- The selected pipe's dimensions will be shown here;
Errors will be highlighted
The error messages will be shown and the tabs that contain errors will be highlighted when you save the pWPS as shown in this example:
Data validation and highlighting the errors
- The tabs for processes containing errors will be highlighted and the number of errors in that tab will be shown;
- The tabs for welding data for a particular process will also be highlighted with the error count;
- The same applies for passes as well;
- The field validation message will show the text in red if a value is required;
You may edit the saved pWPS at any time.
WPS list page
Once you save the pWPS, you will be returned to the WPS list page where the pWPS will appear along with the approved WPS. The status column will show "Preliminary" for pWPS.
- You may click on the pWPS number to view the details. An edit button will appear in the details page and you may click on it to edit the pWPS;
- This button in the info column is to view and download a PDF of the pWPS. The PDF file will have a watermark across the page, so it is not mistaken for an approved WPS;
- This button in the info column is to open a quick view or snippet view of the details. The PQR column will be blank for the pWPS;
- The designation column will have a summary of the details in the pWPS;
- The status column will show "Preliminary" for pWPS;