How to Create a WPS from Multiple PQRs
This article is about combining PQRs to create a WPS. This article contains the screenshots and the explanation for creating a WPS from more than one PQR for ASME IX. The steps and fields will differ for AWS D1.1, but the workflow will be similar.
To create a welding procedure specification or WPS, select the WPS & PQR main menu and click on the "Create WPS" sub-menu.
Create a WPS from multiple PQRs - step 1
- Then select the option "Create WPS from multiple PQRs" for the "Select WPS Type" dropdown box. Then select the standard and the unit;
- Search for PQRs by selecting the alloy, product form, joint type and you may also enter a thickness range;
- Click search to get a list of matching PQRs;
View and Select PQRs
Create a WPS from multiple PQRs - step 2 Create a WPS from multiple PQRs - step 3
- Select the process 1 from a PQR by checking the box under the column "P1". This PQR will be moved up to the top position in the list. All the other boxes in the first column will be greyed out. If you uncheck a PQR for P1, you will be able to select the process 1 of a different PQR;
- Only those PQRs that can be combined with the PQR selected for process 1 will be available for selection. Other PQRs will have their check boxes greyed out in the columns P2 and P3;
- Select a PQR and check the box against a particular process as shown. Scroll down and click "Create";
WPS Created from Selected PQRs
Create a WPS from multiple PQRs - step 4 Create a WPS from multiple PQRs - step 4
The WPS will be created automatically. You may pick the applicable welding variables and approve the WPS.
- The PQRs selected to be combined to create the WPS will be listed here;
- The processes selected to be combined will be listed in the order selected i.e. P1 followed by P2 and P3;
How to create a WPS from a PQR
This article contains the screenshots and the explanation for creating a WPS from a single PQR for ASME IX. The steps and fields will differ for AWS D1.1 and ISO 15614-1, but the workflow will be similar. Menu To create a welding procedure ...
Create a new PQR
This article has screenshots and the explanation for creating a PQR for ASME IX. The steps and fields will differ for other codes, but the workflow will be similar. Menu To create a procedure qualification record or PQR, select the WPS & PQR main ...
You can create code compliant WPS and PQR in minutes in WeldTrace. Creating a welding procedure in WeldTrace is a 3-step process. You will have to first create a preliminary WPS (pWPS) - refer this article; Then you need to create a procedure ...
How to enter data for multiple passes in a PQR or WPS?
When creating a PQR or WPS, you will find that for each pass there is a separate tab for Gas and Electrical tabs where you can enter the data for each pass. The number of tabs created for each pass is dependent on the value that you select for the ...
WPS & PQR Bulk File Upload Process
The bulk file upload wizard will allow you to upload more than one file at a time and match them with the WPS and PQRs that do not have file attachments. Please note that this method is only to add files to the WPS and PQRs that are created elsewhere ...