API 1104 Welder Qualifications
In WeldTrace you can write code compliant welder qualifications to API 1104 for single and multiple qualifications, welding operator qualification, repair welder and in service welder qualifications. Here's a step by step guide to creating a code compliant welder qualification certificate (WPQ/WQTR) for the single welder qualification in the API 1104 template. Other types of welder qualifications to API 1104 differ in the workflow, but they are similar in design and approach.
Step 1 - Select the standard & unit
Create API 1104 welder qualification - step 1
- Go to the "Welder Quals" menu under "Personnel";
- Select the standard;
- Select the unit (metric/US customary);
- Select the welder qualification type;
- Click here to continue;
Step 2 - Pick a welder and enter the qualification details
Create API 1104 welder qualification - step 2
- Select a welder ID. The name, email, company and photograph will be displayed for the selected welder;
- Pick the WPS. Only the WPS that are in the WPS (all) menu (BYO WPS and WPS created in WeldTrace and approved) will be listed here;
- Select the customer (only the customers who are already entered in the Organization -> Customers section will be displayed. You may also create a customer through the "+" button shown next to the drop down field;
- Enter a number for the WPQ/WQTR, pick a revision and the date and fill in the other fields;
- Select a user or enter a name for the witness;
- If the welder is previously qualified to the standard/unit combination selected in step 1, you will see a "Clone" button above the "Qualification Details" section. You can pick any of the previous WPQs (the dropdown box will list the designations of the WPQs) and press the clone button to copy all the data from the other qualification, which you may then edit;
- If there are other WPQs for the standard/unit combination selected in steps 1 & 2, you will see a "Replicate" button below the "Qualification Details" section. You can pick any of the previous WPQs (the dropdown box will list the designations of the WPQs) and press the replicate button to copy the data from the other qualification (from this point down i.e. starting from the joint details), which you may then edit;
- The “Clone” and “Replicate” functions will only transfer the data from WPQs that are in “Awarded” state. Any of the “Failed” or “In progress” WPQ designations will not be shown for selection;
Range Qualified Values
API 1104 welder qualification - range qualified values
- The range qualified values will be displayed in this table;
- You may see the values listed by joint type;
- The values shown in the columns will be for the processes displayed here;
Status of the Welder Qualification
Create API 1104 welder qualification - step 6
- The WPQ will be listed in the Welder Qualifications list. You may click on the WPQ number to view and edit the data;
- Click on this icon to view the WPQ PDF file;
- "Awaiting approval" will be displayed in the status column;
- If you click on the accordion button (>), you will see the designation and other details;
Step 7 - Approve the Welder Qualification
Create API 1104 welder qualification - approval stage
The welder qualification workflow is in two stages. Someone who has the privilege to access the menu can create a WPQ and submit it for approval. The same user or another user can approve and grant the qualification. Both these users' stamps and signatures will appear in the WPQ certificate.
The screenshot above is for viewing the welder qualification form that is showing the status "Awaiting Approval."
- You may edit the WPQ by clicking on this button, which will launch the WPQ edit process and all the fields will become editable. Please note that if the WPQ is edited it needs to be submitted and then approved. The WPQ certificate will then bear the stamp and signature of the user who edits the WPQ and not the user who first created the WPQ;
- Select “Yes” to grant the welder qualification. If the welder has failed any of the required tests, this will be set to “No”. You may leave some approval comments;
- Click on “Submit” button to complete the process and generate the WPQ;
AWS D1.1 Welder Qualifications
Here's a step by step guide to creating a code compliant welder qualification certificate (WPQ/WQTR) to AWS D1.1: Step 1 - Select the standard & unit Create AWS D1.1 Welder Qualification - step 1 Go to the "Welder Quals" menu under "Personnel"; ...
ASME IX Welder Qualifications (WPQ or WQTR)
Create a new WPQ or WQTR for ASME IX Step 1 - Select the standard & unit Create a welder qualification - step 1 Select the standard; Select the unit (metric/US customary); Click here to continue; Select a welder ID; The name, email, company and ...
Create code compliant welder qualifications You can create code compliant welder qualifications (WPQ - welder performance qualification or WQTR - welder qualification test record) in WeldTrace to ASME IX, AWS D1.1, ISO 9606-1 and API 1104. Welder ...
ISO 9606-1 Welder Qualifications
Create a new WPQ or WQTR for ISO 9606-1 Step 1 - Select the standard & enter the qualification details Create a new ISO 9606 WPQ Create a new ISO 9606 WPQ step 1 Create a new ISO 9606 WPQ step 1 Select the standard. ISO 9606-1 WPQs can be created in ...
Revalidation of Welder Qualifications
Revalidation Workflow for WPQs When a welder qualification is created in WeldTrace and is selected to go through a 2 or 3 year revalidation cycle as required in the ISO standards, such as ISO 9606-1, the info column in the welder qualifications list ...