You may add welders and their qualifications/certifications to WeldTrace. Welders who are employed by your contractor or another company may also be added to WeldTrace.
You can add one welder at a time or import a CSV (Excel) file and add the records for many welders at once.
Add a Welder
Add one welder at a time
- Enter the welder ID. This has to be unique e.g. the initials followed by a number, like WD1 – no duplicates allowed, minimum 2 characters, max 12, Special characters other than “-“ or hyphen are not allowed;
- Enter the full name of the welder (mandatory field);
- The welder's email address (optional). The welder will be notified via email of expiring qualifications;
- Welder's stamp number (optional);
- Name of the company the welder is employed by. Your company name will be shown here as default;
- If you click this button, you will be shown the list of contractors and you pick one or add a contractor;
- Pick the division, if applicable;
- You can create a division via this button;
- Upload a photograph of this person by clicking on the pen icon. You will be able to resize the image (see this article about uploading an image and resizing it - click here);
- Select the WPS and its version and enter the original test date. The WPS must be already entered into the WPS section (read this article about adding a WPS - click here). Only the WPS that are marked as qualified will be shown here;
- Enter the WPQ number and revision. The report number is optional;
- Upload the WPQ file in PDF format;
- When you click this button "Add another WPS Qualified" a new row will be created;
- You can add another set of records here;
- The "X" button at the end of the row is to delete a BYO welder qualification. This button will be disabled if this record has been used in any project. This button will always be disabled if the welder qualification was created (i.e. written in the WPQ module) in WeldTrace;
Import Welders List
Click on the "Import CSV File" button in the welders list page and you will be taken to this page:
- If the data in the uploaded csv file cannot be imported, you will see this warning message;
- This cell is highlighted to indicate an error. In this case, a contractor by the name "ABC Co" has not been added to the "Organization - Contractor" menu;
- The error in this cell is due to a typo. This WPS number has not been added to the WPS library (either added as a BYO WPS or created in WeldTrace);
- The date added (please check the previous screenshot) was not in the correct format, even though the date appears to be correct;
- The "Create" button will be disabled if there is any error in the data;
- You can fix the errors and try uploading again;
If there are no errors
Uploaded csv file with no errors
- If there are no errors, you will not see any cells highlighted in red;
- The "Create" button will also be enabled;
New Welder Record
Welder data created from the data imported
- Once the import process is completed, you will see new records created;
- All the data entered will be added to that welder's record;
- In this case, the imported csv file had data in two rows for this welder. So, two welder qualification data sets were created;
- Welder continuity records will also be automatically created (read the section below);
- You may edit and upload a photograph and upload the welder's WPQ files;
New Welder's Continuity Record
New welder's continuity record created automatically
- This is the welder continuity report for the welder's records imported through the csv file;
- You can see that there are three different processes for which this welder is qualified to. So, three sets of records are shown for this welder;
- In this case, both the WPS had GTAW-manual and GMAW-Semi-automatic processes. So, for these processes, both the WPQs are listed. Once the welder is used in a project and performs a weld to any of these processes, you will see data in the Project Number, Weld Number and Pass columns (you need to open the accordion to view these details). The date welded shown here is the test date of the WPQ;
This knowledge base article is about adding and managing welders in WeldTrace. Welders list All the welders in your account will be listed here. Only the welders with the 'active' status will be available for use in projects. Click on a welder ID to ...
Create code compliant welder qualifications You can write code compliant welder qualifications in WeldTrace. Welders' qualifications list Open this menu to view the welder qualifications list. Only those WPQs that are created in WeldTrace will be ...
Codes such as AWS D1.1 & ASME IX require welders to weld at least one weld every 6 months in a process they are qualified to in order to maintain their welder qualifications for that process. In WeldTrace, each welder’s log will be updated ...
Edit a Welder's Record
You can edit a welder's records at any time. However, there are some conditions for editing a welder's WPQs. Edit a welder's record You can replace the photograph (or add a photo if there is none) of this welder by clicking on the pen icon. You will ...
This knowledge base article is about adding and managing welders in WeldTrace. Fitters List All the fitters in your account will be listed here. Only the fitters with the 'active' status will be available for use in projects. Click on a fitter ID to ...